At Mission Connections: Listening to all voices on 6th February 2016, 8:00 AM – 12:30 pm, Tustin Presbyterian Church, the following churches, ministries, non-profits, writers, and others will be participating. The list is current as of Jan. 22. 2016. We’re expecting a few more as well.
- Angel Interfaith Network
- Christian Community Development Corporation
- Community Presbyterian Church of La Mirada
- Empower International Ministries
- Fair Trade
- First Presbyterian Church – Norwalk
- First Presbyterian Church – Orange
- Friends of Orange County Detainees
- Olive Tree Initiative – University of California, Irvine
- Peace and Justice Commission, St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach
- Placentia Presbyterian Church (Soup Kitchen, Baja Californian Orphanage)
- Pravaham: A Community for Peace and Justice (India)
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Presbyterian Publishing Corporation
- Presbyterian Women of the Presbytery of Los Ranchos
- Presbytery of Los Ranchos
- Presbytery of Los Ranchos Mission Coalition with Habitat for Humanity
- RV Ministry
- San Clemente Presbyterian Church
- Shower Ministry, First Presbyterian Church – Garden Grove
- Syria-Lebanon Partnership Network
- Theological Seminary of the West
- Unaccompanied Children and Refugee Empowerment / Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Wings of Faith
- With Hope: The Amber Craig Memorial Foundation
- Warriors – Maricarmen Campos Castro, Christian Writer – Meet the Author
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Old stuff below>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Status of this page: This page used to be called PLR Mission Resources. That information became outdated. Preserved. Below. Archived. No longer current. Visit the Presbytery of Los Ranchos website – http://losranchos.org for current information.
“Our goal is for people and congregations to feel resourced to ‘be on mission’ for Christ.” – Tom Cramer, Associate Executive Presbyter Associate Presbytery Pastor.
We hope the following resources will be helpful as you engage in missions and ministries in your churches.
PLR Mission Resources List – A tri-fold brochure on who to contact for mission related questions and needs. Includes grant information and guiding philosophies for partnership in mission. PLR Mission Resources Brochure (revised 03/12/14)
PLR Mission Philosophy (link to a Presbyterian Mission Agency webpage) – Presbyterians do Mission in Partnership
Funding Opportunities and Resources
- Worldwide Mission Partnership Grant (up to $5,000) – There is no application form for this grant but the grant must be written according to the guidelines posted on the PLR website. Use tinyurl.com/wmpcriteria to access the grant criteria from the PLR web.
- Congregational and Partnership Development Grant (up to $25,000) – The grant application and criteria are available on the PLR web. Use tinyurl.com/plrsctwmcegrant to get these documents.
- Funding for Conferences and Short Term Mission Trips – Matching funds for travel and conference expenses and short term mission trips, up to 50%, are available. Use tinyurl.com/plrfundreq. The conference and STMT must support learning about mission, the development of mission leaders, or the building of partnerships in mission. Upon return or the completion of the event, we encourage you to share your experiences. Submit brief reports, stories and explore presenting via the PLR Open Space and other avenues by emailing Bonita who will channel it appropriately. How to submit reports and share your experiences/learning is covered in the Preparing for STMT: A PLR Resource Guide (see below for link to download).
Learning Resources from our Associate Executive Presbyter and others generated as part of the 2014 Summit and Post-Summit:
- Cramer, Tom. (2011). Walk Worthy [Ephesians 4: 1-7; 13-17]. Sermon. Primera Iglesia’s Day of Prayer and Fasting, 18, September 2011. Eph 4 1-16 Walk Worthy Primera Iglesia 091811
- Cramer, Tom and Coleman, Anita. (2014) Preparing for Short Term Mission Trips: A Resource Guide. Presbytery of Los Ranchos, 8 February, 2014. Print, ~50 pages. The Guide was created to accompany the Preparing for Short Term Mission Trips breakout out session at Mission Summit 2014. Preparing for STMT: A PLR Resource Guide (revised 03/12/14)
- Cramer, Tom. (2014). REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Suggested Criteria for Spending Mission Dollars (draft, forthcoming)
- Cramer, Tom. (2014). Key Thoughts for People Doing Mission in Christ’s Name (forthcoming)
- Cramer, Tom. (2014). Why Go on Short Term Missions
- Cramer, Tom. (2014). Definition and Examples of Networks in our Presbytery and Beyond
- Myers, Bryant. Walking With the Poor. Video, 1 hr. Keynote Address. Mission Summit 2014, Presbytery of Los Ranchos, Trinity United Pres. Church. 8 February, 2014. Walking with the Poor presentation slides given to us by Dr. Myers (print) accompany the Keynote lecture and can be downloaded from here as an Adobe pdf document. You will need them to follow the video keynote.
- Presbyterian Mission Agency’s Call to Mission tinyurl.com/call2mission
- Major Initiatives of the PC(USA) Dallas II: Collective Impact for God’s Mission tinyurl.com/plrdallas2
- PCUSA/Presbyterian Mission Agency PartnershipCovenantOutlines020514 (pdf)
Major PC(USA) programs your congregation can learn from and support include: